ASCSU Associate Senator Application El Centro
El Centro is looking for students interested in serving as an Associate Senator in ASCSU for El Centro. This position is a volunteer opportunities that is a great fit for those looking to get involved and grow skills in leadership, advocacy and collaboration. The duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
– Represent the needs of Latinx, Hispanic, Afro-Latinx, Multiracial, Multiethnic CSU students and El Centro as part of CSU’s student governing body.
– Represent needs of CSU Latinx, Hispanic, Afro-Latinx, Multiracial, Multiethnic CSU students in ASCSU meetings, elections, voting, subcommittees, etc.
– Attend ASCSU meetings once a week, plus additional subcommittee meeting requirements
– Attend EL Centro Staff meetings bi weekly (Mondays, 4:30-5:30) to share updates with student leads associated with our office.
– Speak with Latinx, Hispanic, Afro-Latinx, Multiracial, Multiethnic CSU students to best represent their needs
– Meet bi weekly with the Director of the El Centro regarding updates
Candidates who are interested must submit their application by October 5th at 5:00pm. Applicants will be reviewed and interviewed by El Centro Staff and current ASCSU Senators. If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org